I’m all about the high quality lunch but sometimes spending $10 to $15 on lunch is out of the question. That’s when I like to get the most bang for the buck. So in this article I’m going to highlight some of the five best meals in Phoenix for under $8.
- Pei Wei Asian Diner – I’m positive this entry will surprise a few people. However it shouldn’t. Pei Wei opened for the express purpose of providing ala cart takeout food at a lower cost than their sister restaurant P.F. Changs. The best meal to order is the Pad Thai and you can usually get out of the door for $7 + change without a drink. It’s a lot of food and it’s good.
- Einstein’s Bagels – Thinking about lunch and a stop at Starbucks for lunch? Prepare to spend $10. Or you can go to Einsteins and get a Spinach and Bacon Panini with coffee for about $6 out the door. Einstein’s provides unlimited coffee refills which means you can get all the coffee you want for that low price. If the Spinach and Bacon Panini doesn’t wet your appetite you can usually combine other entries for just two dollars more.
- Rubios Fresh Mexican Grill – Walk in and buy the Tres Tacos deal (you can get steak, chicken, or of course my personal favorite the fish tacos). This meal is about $6 and for the money quite tasty. Or if you want a quick snack get the individual tacos for about $1.99.
- NYPD Pizza – It’s a great place to get good pizza by the slice and you can usually walk away satisified without having bought a whole pizza.
- TexAZ Grill – Some of the best chicken fried steak in town and a nice old style saloon atmosphere. This restaurant is a Phoenix legend having served good food for years. One night a week they serve catfish which is excellent. But most people go for the chicken fried steak.
Runners up: Subway daily special, Sacks, Kona Grill (Scottsdale), FatBurger, In-N-Out Burger, and Flo’s Asian Kitchen (Scottsdale).
Share your own in the comments.